In Relief Society in the Spanish Ward, they had this huge presentation about Visiting Teaching. Visiting Teaching is super important because it practically is missionary work! They gave some tips that I think Mom would like since she's Relief Society President!
- Pray daily for the sister and her family
- Seek for inspiration to help you get to know the sister and her family
- Visit her regularly to see how she is doing and to comfort and strengthen her in time of need.
- Maintain frequent contact with her through visits, phone calls, cards, e-mail, texts, or little acts of service
- Greet her during church meetings
- Help her when she has an emergency, is sick, or has another urgent need
- Teach her the gospel through the scriptures or through the visiting teaching messages
- Inspire her by your good example